Social Investors and Female Social Entrepreneurs: how do you know you fit?
posted on Monday, September 28, 2009 05:24 PM
A dialogue between female social entrepreneurs, investors and private sector professionals.
- places limited -
This event is one of a series to be rolled out throughout London and the UK, to shape and support the social, marketing and operational needs of individuals (especially women) and enterprises working towards sustainable and social development.
• Breaking the myths around social entrepreneurs and professionals from the private sector: exploring common priorities, common values, common practices and common purposes.
• Using insights and tools brought in by people from different backgrounds and explore potential for collaboration.
• Discover how Social Enterprises can cope with the demand from larger private companies and why they should be chosen as preferred suppliers.
• Brainstorm sustainable business models with a high social impact
Guests: a selection of members of Private, Public and Third sectors.
• A selection of leading Female Social Entrepreneurs
• Sarah Thelwall, Founder of MyCake.org
• [Social] Venture Capitalists: Stephen Rockman from Vivat Ventures and friends…
• Ann Longley (Digital Strategy Director WPP)
• Sydney Levinson (chair trustees Cockpit Arts, member of Council at Institute of Contemporary Arts),
• Jane Swift, BT Executive Women (and fellow network members)
• Jonathan Fish
• Bev Burden, HTI Learning
and other professionals...
What is it and how it works
In a conversational type of event, facilitated by OGUNTE hosts, we will:
• Explore how social businesses can be viable solutions for all stakeholders (team, beneficiaries, clients, investors, funders and other participants of the supply-chain; upwards and downwards)
• Discuss how participants can contribute and collaborate to each others' projects (Looking at product, market, audience, revenue, operations)
• Share tips to surround yourself with the right people (staff, governance, networks, supply-chains)
• Find and use practical tools (benchmarking tips, referrals) for a sharper financial management of an enterprise within social boundaries.
• Test a profiling tool that enables professionals to be matched with the right entrepreneurs.
Date and time: 5th October 2009 - 6pm for 6:30pm start up to 8:30pm
Location: The Arts Club | 40 Dover St | Mayfair | London | W1S 4NP
Booking on http://socialinvestment.eventbrite.com