Targets for 2009 - A New Year
posted on Saturday, January 03, 2009 02:17 PM
My Targets for 2009
1. Get back to London – It has been just over a year and a half since I moved to Japan, and I haven’t returned home. I miss the jazzy and vibrant landscape of London. I miss my friends (especially Justin), and I miss my family. But the main intention to move back to London is for job (i-genius), and schooling reasons (after working in Japanese schools, I’ve come to realise that I do prefer British education for my children).
2. Support my younger brother – he has no father figure to guide and keep him focused on his studies, and he is fast approaching the tender age of 16, which means hormones, sex, muscle growth, and all that… precious time for him.
3. Get ‘Innovators’ Studio’ off the ground – It’s a project for disadvantaged youth that my friend Justin and I have been discussing over for several months now. This year we will turn the dream into a reality. For more info on Innovators’ Studio check the following link (and scroll down): http://www.chouwa-bc.com/projects.htm
4. Launch Green Stay – aiming to be launched in Spring. In collaboration with Yutaka Tozawa, Green Stay is the revolutionary next generation of youth and citizen travel accommodation spreading GreenLove. Travel that makes a difference to the developing world.
5. Expansion of i-genius and its members – I can feel it in the air, a make or break year for i-genius. Will we survive the global recession, will our membership grow? Of course it will… so look forward to it!
6. Change UK-JAPAN.net into English only website – It has been on my mind for a few months now, but I have finally decided that I will make UK-JAPAN.net an English only website. Keeping it bilingual means I need volunteer translators, which unfortunately is impossible to find. If I keep it English only, then I can keep the content fresh, and keep the website running as a hobby.
7. Try as many new things as possible – This is a year to let me hair drop (not that I got any) and rediscover a bit of my teenage youth-ness. So, I will be open to many new things. All good of course.
8. Improve my parental skills – I’m always striving to be a better father. This year have already put some structures in order. Restriction of TV time, more study time, meditation and kung fu training, etc…
9. Become more zen – Towards the end of 2008, I began to rediscover my spiritual energy which was lost for a while, but this year it will come back in full glory.
10. Learn basic Arabic – For I’ve always found it a beautiful language.
11. Learn basic Chinese – I studied it once before when I was younger, and so I want to go over the basics again.
12. Restart my training – A strong body leads to a strong mind, and vice versa.