The luxury brand giving women a second chance.
Road Twenty-Two uses the very best fabrics, designs each piece of clothing with a flattering fit that drapes beautifully on most body types, and creates each piece of clothing with a touch of edge that sets them apart from the rest. The company employs women who need a second chance in life and gives them a fresh start.
Together with these women, Road Twenty-Two create pieces that you’ll never want to take off, made in the USA with a whole lot of heart. The indispensable tee, the sweatshirt you never want to take off, the versatile tank to dress up for nights out and slip into for mornings in. Road 22’s luxury basics are made with the very best fabrics, in the most flattering cuts you’ll find anywhere, with perfect little details to set them apart.
At Road Twenty-Two they employ women who were formerly imprisoned, homeless, or suffering from substance abuse, and provide them with steady income and valuable skills that will help them break through employment road blocks.
One part of the story can be told through numbers:
- There are 205,000 women currently imprisoned in the US, 64.1% are there for non-violent crimes.
- 80% of women in prison are moms.
- The number of women in prison grew 646% between 1980 and 2010 (from 15,118 to 112,797).
- The number of women in prison grew 1.5x more than the number of men in the same period.
- 67% of women end up back in prison within 3 years of release.
Road Twenty-Two empower these women to re-write this story into personal tales of resilience and bright futures, driven by new skills, new opportunities and steady income that leads to self-sufficiency.
To find out more visit: https://roadtwentytwo.com
Photo copyrighted to Road Twenty-Two.